Here’s your chance to vote for the 2020 SABR Analytics Conference Research Award winners.
The SABR Analytics Conference Research Awards will recognize baseball researchers who have completed the best work of original analysis or commentary during the preceding calendar year. Nominations were solicited by representatives from SABR, Baseball Prospectus, FanGraphs, The Hardball Times, and Beyond the Box Score.
To read any of the finalists, click on the link below. Scroll down to cast your vote.
Contemporary Baseball Analysis
- Robert Arthur, “The Baseball is Juiced (Again),” Baseball Prospectus, April 5, 2019.
- Craig Edwards, “Baseball’s Competitive Balance Problem,” FanGraphs, November 18, 2019.
- Sam Miller, “How is WAR Calculated, Really? Breaking Down a Single Play to Find Out,” ESPN.com, December 5, 2019.
- Jason Themanson, “Psychology of Walks and Singles,” The Hardball Times, June 19, 2019.
- Meredith Wills, “Yes, the Baseball is Different — Again. An Astrophysicist Examines This Year’s Baseballs and Breaks Down the Changes,” The Athletic, June 25, 2019.
Contemporary Baseball Commentary
- Daniel R. Epstein, “Don’t Let MLB Insult You,” Beyond…