It’s that time of year. Indeed, just before Spring Training; these arbitrary subjective rankings come out at each position in baseball. Perhaps you recall last season when Bellinger was ranked as the second centerfielder in the game. Then he ended up winning a Gold Glove in right field.
In addition – and as a testament to his versatility – he was ranked in the top 5 first baseman in 2018.
Now here we are in 2020, with Bellinger figuring to be a full-time centerfielder. Of course, the obstacle of Mike Trout stands in his way at no. 1 overall. If you’re asking me, I think it’s going to be a matter of 1a and 1b this year in MLB. Have a look at the full rankings in the video below.
Here’s how MLB forecasted the top 10 centerfielders in the game right now:
- Mike Trout, Los Angeles Angels
- Cody Bellinger, Los Angeles Dodgers
- George Springer, Houston Astros
- Ramon Laureano, Oakland Athletics
- Whit Merrifield, Kansas City Royals
- Starling Marte, Arizona Diamondbacks
- Lorenzo Cain, Milwaukee Brewers
- Aaron Hicks, New York Yankees
- Brandon Nimmo, New York Mets
- Brett Gardner, New York Yankees