September 26, 2020

Mets’ Marcus Stroman declines to rip Astros again for scandal (New York Post)


PORT ST. LUCIE — Marcus Stroman may have strong feelings about the Astros’ illegal sign-stealing, but he’s finished discussing it.

“I spoke on it already,” the Mets right-hander said Thursday. “I am not addressing it any more. I spoke of it on Twitter, said exactly what I had to and meant every word. That’s where I am going to leave it.”

Last month, Stroman was among the players most critical of the Astros, following MLB’s report saying the team used electronic surveillance to steal catchers’ signs in 2017, when he pitched for the Blue Jays.

“S–t makes sense now,” Stroman wrote on Twitter in January. “I remember how these guys were laying off some of my nasty pitches. Relaying all my signs in live speed to the batter. Ruining the integrity of the game. These dudes were all about the camera and social media. Now, they’re all quiet! Lol.”

J.D. Davis and Jake Marisnick, both of whom are on the Mets, played for the Astros in 2017. Marisnick doubled off of Stroman during a three-run inning on Aug. 6, 2017.

Marcus Stroman
Marcus StromanAnthony J. Causi

Carlos Beltran, who was named in MLB’s report on the matter, departed the Mets as manager after only 77…

Read “Mets’ Marcus Stroman declines to rip Astros again for scandal” at New York Post