Although they were handed the loss on Opening Day, the Dodgers have bounced back to rattle off 5 wins in a row. Usually, veteran players are leading the charge early in the season, yet the new wave of homegrown talent is in full control of the reigns for Los Angeles.
By all means, guys like Corey Seager and Julio Urías deserve praise for their recent performances, but the boys in blue are currently enjoying success from a handful of 2016 draftees. While other drafts have netted the Dodgers stars such as Seager, Cody Bellinger, and Walker Buehler, the 2016 MLB Draft may be the most successful for Los Angeles in the past decade.
Just look at the quality and quantity of talent that the Dodgers have on their roster right now from that year.
- 1st Round (20th Overall), Gavin Lux
- 1st Round (32nd Overall), Will Smith
- 3rd Round (101st Overall), Dustin May
- 9th Round (281st Overall) Tony Gonsolin
- 33rd Round ( 1,001st Overall) Zach McKinstry
- 2nd Round (65th Overall), RHP Mitchell White
- 4th Round (131st Overall), OF D.J. Peters
- 7th Round (221st Overall), OF Luke Raley
Gavin Lux looks like the player that dominated in the minor leagues throughout 2019….